Altec Lansing 621 - Who stole my Surround Sound?
Being released at the same time as the 641 speaker system, the 621's from Altec Lansing are similar to the 641's in terms of looks but it is an overall smaller 3 piece system with not as much raw power to produce as much mighty bass as its big brother - not to mention the lack of surround sound due to its compact 2.1 setup. On the positive side of things, this makes the product price much more attractive then the expensive 5 piece 641 speaker system and for those who don't have the need or space for a proper surround sound speaker setup - it is perfect for the market Altec Lansing intended - PC music listeners.
You could basically take the 641 speaker system and divide it by two and you'd be presented with the 621 speaker system, the little brother - 200 watts of power compared to 400 watts and almost half the price coming in at around $330 AU compared to $650 AU, making it more affordable for average user.
While the 621's aren't as powerful as the 641's, it still packs a fairly decent punch and by no means was its bass disappointing or "weak", just a little tamer. The controller of the 621 is similar in design to that of the 641's controller, except there are no different sound modes to choose from or buttons to change bass or treble, just plain and simple volume levels.
The sub of the 621 is fairly similar to that of the 641's sub, although it only features one 6.5" long-throw woofer and is noticeably much smaller in stature measuring 7.5" by 12.8" which would be ideal for those users with a smaller computer area. On the back of the sub is the adjustment for bass and color coded jacks for easy installation. I would have liked to see some type of bass control on the controller, though - Maybe next time.
In conclusion, if you're after a powerful 2.1 speaker system and you don't want to spend too much money on it, you should really consider the Altec Lansing 621 speaker system. We give the Altec Lansing 621 a rating of 9.5 out of 10 while struggling to find many cons at all on an overall very solid product.
Excellent Sound Quality
Lacks Surround Sound
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ASUS starts teasing the ROG MATRIX video cards are on their way
- Skylake-powered Retina MacBook models are on their way
- HTC co-founder gets a second job at a visual effects company
- Razer announces a new customizable Xbox One controller for $150
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20