Real-World D3D Benchmarks
Max Payne is a new generation DirectX 7/8 game. This game is based on Hardware T&L advancements as well as many other features of the Intel Pentium 4 and Athlon XP.
MSI takes a 1 FPS win here with Soyo and Gigabyte both tied for second. Not much of a difference at all in these boards in terms of performance.
Aquanox is the latest installment to our benchmark software. This game is based heavily on DirectX 8 and 8.1 advancements and is designed to stress video cards to their ultimate limit, in all the best D3D benchmark to date.
Again very little difference in this. MSI taking first, Gigabyte second and the Soyo third. In all very little between them.
Star Trek Armada
Star Trek Armada is a real-world direct 3D benchmark based on DirectX 7 enhancements. Star Trek Armada uses swap files for storage of large graphics and maps during its benchmarking and makes it a great IDE test tool rather than memory.
Again a MSI win, with Soyo second and Gigabyte third.
Star Trek Armada II
Star Trek Armada II is designed on the original Armada engine but with DirectX 8.1 display support, reducing the bottleneck by using fully accelerated 3D Graphics. Like Armada I, Armada II is a more hard disk intense benchmark rather than anything else and is a good indicator if the IDE system has any weaknesses.
Again MSI first, and Gigabyte and Soyo tied for second.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Battle of the Titans - Page 1 [It begins here]
- Battle of the Titans - Page 2 [Specifications that matter]
- Battle of the Titans - Page 3 [MSI I845 Ultra ARU]
- Battle of the Titans - Page 4 [Gigabyte GA-8IRXP]
- Battle of the Titans - Page 5 [Soyo P4I Fire Dragon LE]
- Battle of the Titans - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra]
- Battle of the Titans - Page 7 [Benchmarks, MadOnion]
- Battle of the Titans - Page 8 [Benchmarks, OpenGL]
- Battle of the Titans - Page 9 [Benchmarks, D3D]
- Battle of the Titans - Page 10 [Overclocking]
- Battle of the Titans - Page 11 [The final words]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch beta goes live on all platforms
- New Xbox will be '5 times more powerful' than PS4 Neo, rocks 10 TFLOPs
- NVIDIA confirms the GeForce GTX 1080 cooler, kinda
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 leaked benchmarks tease 8GB RAM at 10GHz
- Live TV coming to YouTube coming next year, sources say
- Windows 10 install - Raid 0 SSDs
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Slim Drive 2TB USB C Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Turtle Beach reinvents eSports gaming headsets with the Elite Pro
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini