The Wireless Intellimouse Explorer is powered by two AA batteries that are placed in a compartment on the underside. In order to prolong battery life, Microsoft have implemented a few power saving features that are worth noting. They decided to name these features "Intelligent Touch", "Intelligent Illumination" and "Intelligent Surface Detection". Below is a brief explanation of each of these features:
Intelligent Touch: This basically means that the mouse can sense whether you are there or not. When its sensors recognize the presence of your hand, the mouse turns on. This is indicated by a bright red LED on the underside of the mouse. When you remove your hand, the mouse reverts into sleep mode, thus conserving battery life.
Intelligent Illumination: The mouse conserves battery power by shining the light brightly to illuminate a dark surface and dimming it on a light-colored surface.
Intelligent Surface Detection: The mouse knows when it is lifted off a surface and it drops into a low power mode to conserve battery power.
Microsoft have stated that you will be able to use the Wireless Explorer for months before the batteries run out. Since we have not had the mouse for that long, we cannot comment on this however, we will definitely keep you informed should we encounter any problems.
The power saving features listed above will make sure that the Wireless Intellimouse Explorer will use battery power much more efficiently than other wireless optical mice on the market. The new IntelliPoint 4.0 software alerts you when 34% of battery power is remaining, and then again at 14%. You have the option of dismissing the reminder and resetting it at a future time. In addition, you can click on the mouse icon in the Windows taskbar at the bottom of the screen at any time to see how much battery power you have left.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer - Page 1
- Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer - Page 2
- Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer - Page 3
- Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer - Page 4
- Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer - Page 5
- Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer - Page 6
- Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer - Page 7
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA's recent Gamer Connect event in India: success
- More 'Star Trek' movies not guaranteed, warns star
- Night Trap returns, with the FMV game hitting consoles
- Vivendi could push for an Ubisoft takeover this year
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds charity event: May 4
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family