Package and Contents
Before we have a look over the board itself, we always like to check out the package and contents first. While this is more of a comparison test between DDR2 and DDR3 on the AMD platform, we can't help but show off the board at the same time. Jetway spec'd us about the board before shipping, so we knew it would be a Micro-ATX offering and therefore the size of the box was no surprise. The box colour scheme is red on white with the Jetway girl on the front.
For a Micro-ATX board we weren't expecting to see a colour photo of the board itself on the back of the box, but Jetway has managed to surprise us. Along with the photo there is also some marketing info on the board in several languages.
Jetway doesn't have a huge mount of additional documentation and software included, but the included pieces are more than ample. The user manual is quite thick, however, it only contains basic info on the board in several languages. The included DVD contains drivers for both Vista and XP 32-bit and 64-bit versions. There are no drivers included for alternate OS users, so if you plan to use Linux or any other derivative you're going to have to search on the relevant websites for each company's drivers.
As far as the cables and accessories are concerned, it's very basic. There are two SATA data and one Molex to single SATA power converter included along with a single IDE cable supporting two drives.
This is something that confused us. Even in the user manual there was no reference to this card, so we asked Jetway direct. This card is used on the board to split the PCI-E x16 lanes. If you plan to use a single graphics card in the board then you'll need to install this card into the second PCI-E x16 slot to route all of the lanes to the first slot. If you want to use a Crossfire setup, you take this card out and place a second graphics card in the provided slot, allowing you to have a x8/x8 Crossfire setup.
Further Reading: Read and find more CPUs, Chipsets & SoCs content at our CPUs, Chipsets & SoCs reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Companies transitioning to better detection, response of cyberattacks
- Not a Rubix Cube - much cooler. Waterproof linux-powered cube PC
- Win a trip to Computex 2015 from GIGABYTE by overclocking your PC
- Apple teases media event for March 9, could we meet the Apple Watch?
- Bumblebee is that you? Hardware Extreme's black and yellow project
- HIS Multi-View HDOCKP USB 3.0 Portable Docking Station Review
- Corsair HX1000i 1000W 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply Review
- need new mother board
- how can i use new power supply for that mother boread asrock g41m-vs3 r2.0
- Question regarding adding new SSD to Z97 motherboard
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse