The 180.47 drivers are a breath of fresh air for NVIDIA users; there are some excellent features in the new driver set, but we have to wonder how helpful they really are. The lack of PhsyX games is still making the whole PhsyX thing feel like a bit of a waste. Sure, there are more games coming, but as to whether or not these are games that we really want to play still remains to be seen.
While the multi monitor support in SLI is a very nice bonus, it's also a feature that is only going to benefit a minority. There is also no denying that it should have been a feature that was implemented into a driver release a long time before today's one.
While it might seem we're being a bit down on the new NVIDIA driver, just like we were the last, there's no denying that considering the wait between major driver releases we probably have higher expectations. Compared to ATIs monthly releases, it's a tough fight for NVIDIA to really shine.
With all that said, though, there are benefits present which is great. The other thing is performance seems to be concentrated on recently released games like Far Cry 2 which hasn't been added into our line-up yet.
As we mentioned before, if you do test the new drivers against the old in some applications we didn't run, please make a note of how they went in our forums.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [New Features]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Star Wars Battlefront PC player count is poor, dominated by Fallout 4
- AMD rumored to launch its dual-GPU next month, the Radeon R9 Fury X2
- India's Cochin International airport runs 100% on solar power
- Apple buys company responsible for Star Wars motion-capture, Faceshift
- Reports claim Apple looks to OLED screens for 2018 phone release
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader
- MSI Announces ECO Series Socket LGA1151 Motherboards
- Mionix Announces New-generation SARGAS Mousepad Family