The 180.47 drivers are a breath of fresh air for NVIDIA users; there are some excellent features in the new driver set, but we have to wonder how helpful they really are. The lack of PhsyX games is still making the whole PhsyX thing feel like a bit of a waste. Sure, there are more games coming, but as to whether or not these are games that we really want to play still remains to be seen.
While the multi monitor support in SLI is a very nice bonus, it's also a feature that is only going to benefit a minority. There is also no denying that it should have been a feature that was implemented into a driver release a long time before today's one.
While it might seem we're being a bit down on the new NVIDIA driver, just like we were the last, there's no denying that considering the wait between major driver releases we probably have higher expectations. Compared to ATIs monthly releases, it's a tough fight for NVIDIA to really shine.
With all that said, though, there are benefits present which is great. The other thing is performance seems to be concentrated on recently released games like Far Cry 2 which hasn't been added into our line-up yet.
As we mentioned before, if you do test the new drivers against the old in some applications we didn't run, please make a note of how they went in our forums.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [New Features]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- SpaceX's December launch postponed until early January
- Huawei will unveil their concept phone on December 16th
- Cassini shows first images of Saturn from new orbit
- Doom update adds Infernal Run mode, multiplayer bots
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel