The CyberPower Gamer Xtreme XE - Exterior
CyberPower chose the Cooler Master Centurion 590 chassis as their base for the Gamer Xtreme line. As far as I can tell, this was the best possible choice given the market at this time. The 590 offers lots of room for expansion while keeping initial costs low. CyberPower tweaked the chassis a little by adding their logo tastefully to the front.
The GIGABYTE motherboard has lots of onboard options, so there wasn't much for CyberPower to add besides the graphics card. And oh what a card it is.
Here we see the vast resources on the back of the motherboard. Eight USB 2.0 ports dominate the view whilst we also have both connector types of FireWire as well as optical and coaxial S/PDIF, two Gigabit Ethernet ports and analog audio which has enough ins and outs to satisfy any audiophile.
The left side panel offers room to mount 80-120mm fans in two places. The system uses watercooling, so not a lot of air cooling is needed with this system. For that reason, CyberPower left these fan holes blank. It should be noted, however, that the Cooler Master Centurion 590 can house eight 120mm fans.
There isn't much going on with the right side of the case. The 590 does allow a single 80mm case fan to be mounted that blows air across the back side of the motherboard. Once again, the processor is watercooled so CyberPower didn't need to take advantage of this feature.
The front panel has several connectors including two USB and a single FireWire connector. CyberPower chose Sony for optical disk duty. The Gamer Xtreme XE uses a DVD-RW with Lightspeed Technology and a Sony Blu-ray reader. For many users, a Blu-ray drive is like sprinkles on a cake, but for many college students looking to condense their media capabilities with a PC, this is a nice little addition.
CyberPower also included a card reader on their Gamer Xtreme XE. With most of today's phones, cameras and other devices making use of flash technology, a good multi-use card reader is nearly essential.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The CyberPower Gamer Xtreme XE - Exterior]
- Page 5 [The CyberPower Gamer Xtreme XE - Internals]
- Page 6 [Software Configuration]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks List and Testing Configuration]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - System Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Processor and Memory Capabilities]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Disk Performance]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Video and Gaming]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Compression, Encoding and Audio]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 4 'Summer update' arrives on September 1
- Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet reaches Australia, available right now
- Six people busted for using Lizard Squad's custom DDoS tool
- Square Enix improvised Final Fantasy 7's development, says Nomura
- Ashley Madison growing, including almost 90K women last week
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20