Overclocked processor, flagship graphics card, performance case, latest technology; these are characteristics of a computer built from a high-end boutique builder and normally come with a boutique builder price. Would you believe this system costs less than 1600 Dollars?
Interesting things happen when you spend time with a small group of people for a couple of days. It doesn't take long for the normal chit chat to dry up and you get to really know a person, at least as much as they let you know in three days. At Quakecon this past year I spent a great deal of time with a member of CyberPower's technical marketing group. By the time Day 2 was wrapping up and a couple of beverages had passed, the topic of todays gamer popped up. Since we were surrounded by "Real Gamers" and not industry types, we took the opportunity to explore the topic and really observe where the market is at.
To me, and to CyberPower a "Real Gamer" is a person that doesn't get briefed every time a new piece of hardware is ready to be launched and upgrades their system based on a need to gain better performance, not just to add another line to their forum signature. Most reviewers and industry folks have long been removed from this lifestyle and have moved well past the enthusiast stage. At that point it is good to take a step back now and then to see who we are really working for; you, the real gamer.
CyberPower understands the real gamer and has made a name for itself catering to the price vs. performance, bang for the buck crowd. I left Quakecon with a real understanding of what CyberPower has accomplished and what they are trying to do for the collage kid looking to actually play games and not worry about a 3DMark score.
Today we are going to look at one of CyberPower's more popular products for gamers that fit the description of a real gamer. The Gamer Xtreme XE provides enough power to play the latest games, including Crysis, with high detail and high frame rates while keeping the price far below what you would expect to spend on such a performer.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The CyberPower Gamer Xtreme XE - Exterior]
- Page 5 [The CyberPower Gamer Xtreme XE - Internals]
- Page 6 [Software Configuration]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks List and Testing Configuration]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - System Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Processor and Memory Capabilities]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Disk Performance]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Video and Gaming]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Compression, Encoding and Audio]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rise of the Tomb Raider could soon receive DX12 abilities
- The Division will require 32GB of HDD space on the Xbox One
- Australia's biggest mobile telco Telstra hit by nation-wide outages
- iPhones being permanently bricked by 'Error 53'
- Rick Rubin's latest project is a Star Wars-themed electronic album
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance