The above unit is the Evercool NW6-610. This arrived in the obligatory box, with a small blister pack of thermal compound and no grey mounting bracket (shown above). A small 60x60x10mm fan is included that looks like it would have a hard time keeping a Pentium III cool, let alone a Pentium 4. One advantage of the 60mm design is that a wide variety of other fans can be mounted on this heatsink, such as the 6800RPM Delta Black Label or the 4500RPM Y.S. Tech model. Here are the specs of the fan (according to Evercool's website):
One feature I was most impressed with was the rotation alarm mounted on the fan wiring. If the fan fails to spin up (due to failure or cable obstruction), then a piercing alarm sounds alerting you to the problem. This also is heard at system startup by a short chirp as the fan spins up. Good idea Evercool!
A total of 27 fins help radiate the heat away, but they are not ribbed for maximum dissipation. The cooler is also completely sealed on two sides (the longer sides) so that air is channelled in parallel to the orientation of the fins. This can cause the cooler to perform poorer than would be expected if the cooler was allowed to breathe on all four sides. The clipping mechanism is relatively straightforward, with extremely strong springs. I had to bend the springs slightly so that I could squeeze the clips into place. Apart from this, very easy to install.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet reaches Australia, available right now
- Six people busted for using Lizard Squad's custom DDoS tool
- Square Enix improvised Final Fantasy 7's development, says Nomura
- Ashley Madison growing, including almost 90K women last week
- Square Enix: Final Fantasy XV will launch to gamers sometime in 2016
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20