The above unit is the Evercool NW6-610. This arrived in the obligatory box, with a small blister pack of thermal compound and no grey mounting bracket (shown above). A small 60x60x10mm fan is included that looks like it would have a hard time keeping a Pentium III cool, let alone a Pentium 4. One advantage of the 60mm design is that a wide variety of other fans can be mounted on this heatsink, such as the 6800RPM Delta Black Label or the 4500RPM Y.S. Tech model. Here are the specs of the fan (according to Evercool's website):
One feature I was most impressed with was the rotation alarm mounted on the fan wiring. If the fan fails to spin up (due to failure or cable obstruction), then a piercing alarm sounds alerting you to the problem. This also is heard at system startup by a short chirp as the fan spins up. Good idea Evercool!
A total of 27 fins help radiate the heat away, but they are not ribbed for maximum dissipation. The cooler is also completely sealed on two sides (the longer sides) so that air is channelled in parallel to the orientation of the fins. This can cause the cooler to perform poorer than would be expected if the cooler was allowed to breathe on all four sides. The clipping mechanism is relatively straightforward, with extremely strong springs. I had to bend the springs slightly so that I could squeeze the clips into place. Apart from this, very easy to install.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1 beta will run for eight days
- Turn into a certified hacker with premium training
- Samsung begins shipping its Dolby Atmos soundbars
- PCIe 4.0 won't deliver 300W over the PCIe slot after all
- Ubisoft focuses on fixing The Division, delays DLC
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Performance Analysis
- Reeven Polariz RFC-04 Fan Controller Review
- Bootable RAID 0 via dual u.2 ports on x99 Designare EX
- Intel shows Merged Reality Technologies at IDF 2016
- Lenovo ThinkPad P70 Mobile Workstation Notebook Review
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller