Notebook: Lenovo T61p
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 @2.4GHz
Memory: 2x 1GB PC2-5300
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP2
I finally found a way to get my new Lenovo mobile workstation into an article. The T61p features Intel's mobile version of the Core 2 Duo in Merom flavor and joins it with the NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M. The widescreen 15.4 inch display is very good and although it is a little smaller than my previous Gateway 17 inch notebook screen, I have yet to notice since the Lenovo runs at 1920x1200.
All drive tests were performed on the same machine with the same Windows installation on the same USB 2.0 port.
HD Tach - Average Write Speed
Version and / or Patch Used: 188.8.131.52 RW Editors License
Developer Homepage: http://www.simplisoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.simplisoftware.com/Public/index.php?request=HdTach
HD Tach has been around for a long time and is excellent when it comes to testing hard drive performance. It is also a very handy program when it comes to testing the controller used on particular motherboards. Tests such as Read, CPU Utilization and Burst are available at a click of the button and give you a good idea of how the hard drive can perform from system to system.
Before data can come off of a drive, first it has to go on. In the drive write test we found the difference between top to bottom performance scoring to be much larger than first anticipated. At the very top we found the two products that are built and marketed specifically for speed; the Lexar JumpDrive Lightning and Kingston DataTraveler HyperX and we're not surprised. The HyperX line is synonymous with high speed and with a name like Lightning we didn't expect a turtle either. The label on the Lightning stated the drive should perform close to 21 MB/s write speed, but our testing did not show that level of performance.
Just above the median level of performance is where we found the Crucial Gizmo! Plus and Kingston's DataTraveler 400. These drives performed well above the level of my daily use Corsair Flash Voyager that just two years ago was the speed king when it came to portable flash.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [A-DATA N702]
- Page 3 [A-DATA S701 (Eee PC Edition)]
- Page 4 [A-DATA T801]
- Page 5 [A-DATA T802]
- Page 6 [Crucial Gizmo! Plus]
- Page 7 [Gingle T01 Twist Disk]
- Page 8 [Kingston DataTraveler 400]
- Page 9 [Kingston DataTraveler HyperX]
- Page 10 [Kingston DataTraveler Vault Privacy]
- Page 11 [Lexar JumpDrive FireFly]
- Page 12 [Lexar JumpDrive Lightning]
- Page 13 [Lexar JumpDrive Secure II Plus]
- Page 14 [Super Talent Pico A]
- Page 15 [Super Talent Pico B]
- Page 16 [Super Talent Pico C]
- Page 16 [Testing and HD Tach - Write Performance]
- Page 17 [HD Tach - Read Performance]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Set sail with 'Moana' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway!
- MSI makes its GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X official
- StarCraft remastered announced by Blizzard
- The first sign of Kaby Lake X: the Intel Core i7-7740K
- AMD Ryzen with 12C/24T appears, excites us all so much
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse