2001 - A Mouse Odyssey
On the slab today we have the monolithic looking NZXT Avatar mouse in all its matt-black glory. Boasting a 2600 DPI optical sensor, fully customisable interface and an ambidextrous design, it certainly aims to please all.
This is new territory for NZXT, having never released a mouse before. It will be interesting to see how it stacks up with the plethora of clickers on the market.
Sitting on my desk is this little black box, with no markings aside from an embossed "NZXT" in one corner; reminds me of a certain movie with monkeys and bones...
Removing the black sleeve, we see the box naked with minimalist graphics and a nice life size glossy print of the mouse on the front lid. Open the velcro sealed lid and we reveal the mouse nestled snugly in its blister packaging. A diagrammatic feature table on the inside of the box lid gives you the low down on what buttons do what.
Removing the mouse from the package and the first thing you notice is that it's got a nice weight; not too heavy and not too light. It's a kind of in-between weight that should suit most people. No adjustable weights here, though, it seems NZXT are not targeting the hardcore uber x-treme gaming market with this baby.
One thing that I can't help but notice is the sheer stark-ness of the mouse. It's got some seriously sexy looks about it, that's for sure. And it only gets better when you plug it in.
A nice blue under-lighting of the two main buttons is very tastefully done along with blue led indicators for DPI mode too. It's nothing too flashy, but has some subtleness that a lot of manufacturers seem to lack these days.
But are looks everything? Sure this mouse has some sex appeal, but we need to see if we can PWN with this bad-boy! So, its time to fire up some games...
Further Reading: Read and find more Peripherals content at our Peripherals reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Secret Service plans to test drone flights in Washington, D.C
- Tim Cook: Apple Watch could replace car keys for newer vehicles
- RIP 'Star Trek' legend Leonard Nimoy
- Cyberattacks top threat to United States, intelligence agencies say
- Lenovo promises to be more transparent about pre-installed software
- ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer AM3+ Ultra Fast Boot Not Working?
- Setting up RAID 1 on FM2A88M Pro3+
- GIGABYTE X99-Gaming 5 (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK PCI-E Slot Confusion
- maximum ram in a GA-H55M-UD2H
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse