QuakeCon is a great place to show off your case mods. I was only one of many people to spend three hours going up and down all of the isles to get a good look at what everyone was building. The only problem I had with actually covering it all is that so many people were coming in and out of the event.
During the morning when I arrived, hundreds of people were registering and waiting in line just to get in. When I left for a smoke break at 5 PM, the line had actually grown even longer with a new cast of attendees. This happened nearly every day with a new cast of gamers, so there is no way I could have seen everyone.
If you are thinking about attending QuakeCon in 2009 and displaying a modded case, you had better bring you're A-Game. Many of these guys spent a great deal of time and more than one built their system just for QuakeCon.
I enjoyed covering the BYOC area and met several great people. This is the area where you are going to find the real gamers not interested in competing 24/7 and hear a bunch of stories that will have you laughing days later.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Truly Wicked Cases]
- Page 3 [Cases of QuakeCon]
- Page 4 [More Cases of QuakeCon]
- Page 5 [A Clear Battle]
- Page 6 [The Pros try to steal the show]
- Page 7 [More Than Cases]
- Page 8 [The Ones That Didn't Make It]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Mass Effect Andromeda PC requirements released
- Obsidian wants to make a Dark Souls-type game
- AMD Ryzen CPUs sold out at select retailers already
- Tesla to double the number of Superchargers this year
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications