Overall, I really liked this racing wheel. If it wasn't for the light pedal system I wouldn't have any hesitations recommending it to anyone looking for a more realistic racing game environment. It was very comfortable to use and the vast array of buttons and levers make sure that you will not be complaining about lack of functions.
Installation of the wheel was very easy and the clamp-like lock down device with suction cups make sure that the wheel will remain very steady while in use. All of these features come at a cost though. At a price of $AUD250 it may be slightly expensive for some of you, however, in my opinion, it is well worth the cost. The Ferrari Force Feedback racing wheel is a great product with many functions, however it is let down by a bad pedal system and a high price.
Update: Thrustmaster have recently informed me that they have lowered the price of the Ferrari Force Feedback racing wheel. It is now $AUD199 which is over $AUD50 cheaper than the price we originally quoted in this review. Please take this into consideration when reading the conclusion.
* Excellent performance
* Great installation system
* Plethora of buttons and levers
* Force feedback technology makes game play much more enjoyable
* Slightly high price
* Pedal system is too light
* Too much wiring on the wheel itself that could have been avoided
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.