Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16GHz (9.5x333MHz)
Memory: 2x 1GB DDR3-1600XMP OCZ (Supplied by OCZ)
Hard Disk: 500GB Western Digital SE16 (Supplied by Western Digital)
Graphics Card: GIGABYTE 9800GX2 (Supplied by GIGABYTE)
Cooling: GIGABYTE 3D Galaxy II (Supplied by GIGABYTE)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista SP1
Drivers: nForce Driver 15.17, Forceware 175.16
Now we get stuck into the testing phase of the review. Today we are using only the ASRock boards against each other to see just which one is the better choice.
Stock settings were run with the CPU at 9.5x333MHz and with a DDR3 memory ratio of 1333MHz. At overclocked speeds, the divider was lowered to 6x and the bus speeds were 507MHz for the P43 and 512MHz for the P45 with a memory ratio set to 1:1.
EVEREST Ultimate Edition
Version and / or Patch Used: 2006
Developer Homepage: http://www.lavalys.com
Product Homepage: http://www.lavalys.com
EVEREST Ultimate Edition is an industry leading system diagnostics and benchmarking solution for enthusiasts PC users, based on the award-winning EVEREST Technology. During system optimizations and tweaking it provides essential system and overclock information, advanced hardware monitoring and diagnostics capabilities to check the effects of the applied settings. CPU, FPU and memory benchmarks are available to measure the actual system performance and compare it to previous states or other systems.
First on the list is our synthetic benchmark run for the memory subsystem. Both boards use an identical memory controller, so at stock speeds we see identical results. At overclocked speeds we see only a tiny increase in speed to the P45.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications - P45R2000-WiFi]
- Page 3 [Specifications - P43R1600Twins-WiFi]
- Page 4 [The Package - P45R2000-WiFi]
- Page 5 [The Motherboard - P45R2000-WiFi]
- Page 6 [The Package - P43R1600Twins-WiFi]
- Page 7 [The Motherboard - P43R1600Twins-WiFi]
- Page 8 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 9 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 16 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi's VR headset looks good and costs only $29
- Xiaomi Mi MIX rocks its edge-to-edge display
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is basically a Note7 but cheaper
- Nintendo Switch gameplay graphics are subject to change
- Final Fantasy 15 could get co-op mode in the future
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage