Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16GHz (9.5x333MHz)
Memory: 2x 1GB DDR3-1600XMP OCZ (Supplied by OCZ)
Hard Disk: 500GB Western Digital SE16 (Supplied by Western Digital)
Graphics Card: GIGABYTE 9800GX2 (Supplied by GIGABYTE)
Cooling: GIGABYTE 3D Galaxy II (Supplied by GIGABYTE)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista SP1
Drivers: nForce Driver 15.17, Forceware 175.16
Now we get stuck into the testing phase of the review. Today we are using only the ASRock boards against each other to see just which one is the better choice.
Stock settings were run with the CPU at 9.5x333MHz and with a DDR3 memory ratio of 1333MHz. At overclocked speeds, the divider was lowered to 6x and the bus speeds were 507MHz for the P43 and 512MHz for the P45 with a memory ratio set to 1:1.
EVEREST Ultimate Edition
Version and / or Patch Used: 2006
Developer Homepage: http://www.lavalys.com
Product Homepage: http://www.lavalys.com
EVEREST Ultimate Edition is an industry leading system diagnostics and benchmarking solution for enthusiasts PC users, based on the award-winning EVEREST Technology. During system optimizations and tweaking it provides essential system and overclock information, advanced hardware monitoring and diagnostics capabilities to check the effects of the applied settings. CPU, FPU and memory benchmarks are available to measure the actual system performance and compare it to previous states or other systems.
First on the list is our synthetic benchmark run for the memory subsystem. Both boards use an identical memory controller, so at stock speeds we see identical results. At overclocked speeds we see only a tiny increase in speed to the P45.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications - P45R2000-WiFi]
- Page 3 [Specifications - P43R1600Twins-WiFi]
- Page 4 [The Package - P45R2000-WiFi]
- Page 5 [The Motherboard - P45R2000-WiFi]
- Page 6 [The Package - P43R1600Twins-WiFi]
- Page 7 [The Motherboard - P43R1600Twins-WiFi]
- Page 8 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 9 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 16 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk wants to link your brain to a machine
- Nintendo US boss: Switch reaction has been 'remarkable'
- PS4 Pro Media Player update includes 4K support
- Colorful's amazing iGame GTX 1080 Ti looks MEAN, FAST
- Nintendo expects Switch to sell 110 million units
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- ASRock B150M PRO4V- Voltage Control ?
- N3150-ITX Mini-PCI Express Slot
- Intel Optane Memory: What It Is and Why It Matters
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse