The Board - P43R1600Twins-WiFi
Moving right along, it's time to look at the board itself. The layout of the connectors on the board is almost identical to the P45R2000, which is disappointing as the placement of the 24-pin power connector is located in the same spot. Another cable nightmare here guys.
This board is also a combo board; it supports DDR2 and DDR3. However, where the P45R2000 had more DDR3 slots, the P43R1600Twins has more DDR2 slots. It has a total of four DDR2 and two DDR3 slots. The board still supports the same FSB and DDR2/DDR3 speeds, so there are no advantages of bus speed support by either board.
The same voltage regulation components are used. Solid state is good by us and any board swapping to solid state gets the TweakTown thumbs up. Four phases keeps the CPU fed and the space around the CPU is ideal for large coolers.
The rear I/O panel changes from the P45R2000 series. Firstly, there is only a single eSATA port which uses the same bridge design that the P45R2000 uses; quite annoying to say the least. The other major difference is this board loses an RJ45 Ethernet connector. This board only comes with one, though I find one Gigabit port enough for my needs at this point in time, as I'm sure most of you will, too.
Moving to the expansion slots and this is where we get another change between the P45 and P43 board. The P43 chipset does not carry the same Crossfire support that the P45 does. While you can still do Crossfire with it, you have to have it configured in the older 16/4 configuration with no splitting of the channels. To this end, ASRock has not included a second x16 PCI-E slot on this board; rather, they go for a single GPU option. This gives the board an extra PCI-E x1 slot to make up three in total and three older PCI slots.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications - P45R2000-WiFi]
- Page 3 [Specifications - P43R1600Twins-WiFi]
- Page 4 [The Package - P45R2000-WiFi]
- Page 5 [The Motherboard - P45R2000-WiFi]
- Page 6 [The Package - P43R1600Twins-WiFi]
- Page 7 [The Motherboard - P43R1600Twins-WiFi]
- Page 8 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 9 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 16 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 5G spec: 20Gbps down, 1 million devices per square km
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications