Our first contestant is the ND12-625 HSF. It is a largish sink that is constructed of aluminum, and is rated by Evercool to handle AMD Athlon processors up to 1.5GHz.
The heatsink of this unit consists of 22 fins laid out in a vertical manner across a base of aluminum. The overall dimensions of the sink are 80mm x 63.5mm x 40mm. The four small clips pictured above are the mounting clips for the fan. Since there is a goodly amount of mass to work with here, the overall weight of the HSF (including fan) is a shade over 300 grams.
The base of the unit has been planed flat, but should really be lapped before using. While there weren't any large grooves or machining marks to speak of, it didn't have a smooth feel, so a little lapping will help out considerably. After all, the flatter the base, the better the contact between core and sink.
As stated in the Introduction, Evercool makes its own DC fans, and this is one example. The fan is a standard sized unit and measures 60mm x 60mm x 25mm. It spins at 6,500 RPM, creates 31-CFM of airflow, and puts out an estimated 34dBA of sound. While it's not got quite the punch of the mighty Delta fans, the reduction in noise was a nice change of pace.
Unfortunately, there was no fan grill installed on this model. I've harped on about this feature before, and it's more a required protection for internal wiring than a protection of tender fingers. Any high-speed fan should be equipped with a grill.
This is basically the same variety of clip that was included on heatsinks made a couple of years ago. The protrusion pictured above is a smallish slot designed to fit the blade of a screwdriver to help get it over the Socket lug and you WILL need help in getting that done. I finally managed to get the sink installed with the use of two screwdrivers and a lot of patience. A newer design on this clip would be a huge improvement!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple Music update brings videos, family plan to Android
- Windows 10 upgrade nag screen interrupts weather lady
- New Apple Music API means endless integration possibilities
- Windows 10 now blocks Google searches from Cortana
- John Romero pauses Blackroom Kickstarter to finish gameplay demo
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched