Razer Lycosa Keyboard - Continued
Having used this board for a month now, it has given me some good points and bad points to bring up about it. Firstly, the good things; this board is very responsive with no delay in registering keystrokes, and it is incredibly ergonomic to use too. I've always seen low profile boards like this one as trouble because they can cause your arms to ache after a while, but the feet raise this one to just the right height to let you game for hours on end.
The software that is supplied and available for download from Razer allows you to configure just about every aspect of the keyboard; even the ability to re-define the keys to assign them macros is there. This software integrates with the mouse too, allowing macros to activate. As an example, you could assign a macro for when you only have the right mouse button depressed.
This for me is what draws the line between the hardcore gaming and the uber-elite crowd, the ability to modify every aspect of the device. There is also the option to create gaming profiles that can be activated with your specified key combos like Ctrl+Alt+P(WN) that will re-map the keyboard if you're playing WOW or COD4.
Now for the bad things; the lighting behind the keys could be a little better, I feel like I'm sometimes straining to read what some of the keys are when it's late at night as the glare from a bright screen can wash out the blue letters.
I also get the feeling that this board is not 100% the same width as other boards; my fingers on many occasions find themselves overshooting letters. The flat key design also doesn't help your fingers locate the edges of keys very well, but the home key ridges are there and I guess it's down to preference and how you have learned to type.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Why So Blue?]
- Page 2 [Can You See Me Now?]
- Page 3 [Someone At Razer Must Like Creepy Crawlies]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pewdiepie to delete his channel later today
- NASA joins Giphy with almost 500 awesome GIFs
- Nintendo Switch is actually pretty small
- Samsung Pearl Black S7 edge comes with more storage
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD