While there were some performance increases promised, we didn't really see much across the board. Crysis performance actually took a bit of a hit with the HD 3870 X2. We wouldn't be in a huge hurry to upgrade to the latest set of drivers unless there were some fixes in the release notes for you.
The chances are the AMD team are hard at work making sure that come June 16th the HD 4850 performance is up to spec and can outperform the competition. There is no denying that this release from AMD is going to be important.
I have to say I'm looking forward to next month to see what both AMD and NVIDIA have up their sleeves for gamers and enthusiasts alike. Hopefully NVIDIA offer us something a bit more exciting then what the 9800 was, and hopefully AMD can create a new competitive card at a good price point.
We should see a new set of Catalysts come out around the 16th with the launch of the new series of cards from AMD. Till then, have fun gaming.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Right of Reply
We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Further Reading: Read and find more Software content at our Software reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Social media being used to help identify Islamic extremism
- Barnes & Noble is keeping the NOOK Media digital business, for now
- NPD: Mobile gaming grew 20 percent in 2014, creating opportunities
- Intel to reclassify Atom processors with Atom x3, Atom x5 and Atom x7
- LG's unveils Watch Urbane LTE, lets you make calls from your wrist
- GALAX GeForce GTX 960 EXOC Video Card Review
- Intermittent hardware problem: CLR CMOS - Dr. Debug 67
- HIS Multi-View HDOCKP USB 3.0 Portable Docking Station Review
- Corsair HX1000i 1000W 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply Review
- need new mother board
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse