While there were some performance increases promised, we didn't really see much across the board. Crysis performance actually took a bit of a hit with the HD 3870 X2. We wouldn't be in a huge hurry to upgrade to the latest set of drivers unless there were some fixes in the release notes for you.
The chances are the AMD team are hard at work making sure that come June 16th the HD 4850 performance is up to spec and can outperform the competition. There is no denying that this release from AMD is going to be important.
I have to say I'm looking forward to next month to see what both AMD and NVIDIA have up their sleeves for gamers and enthusiasts alike. Hopefully NVIDIA offer us something a bit more exciting then what the 9800 was, and hopefully AMD can create a new competitive card at a good price point.
We should see a new set of Catalysts come out around the 16th with the launch of the new series of cards from AMD. Till then, have fun gaming.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft drop Shocktober sale a week before Halloween
- Nintendo Switch to have wide array of hardware add-ons
- Heavy Rain and Detroit developer experimenting with VR
- LG's new 5K display designed for latest MacBook Pro
- 3DS won't be cannibalized by Switch, says Nintendo
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications