A Few Gripes
The freewheel scroll method is a useful feature if you are an avid web trawler like me; you just want to scroll like there is no tomorrow, however the simulated scrolling mechanism underneath the sleek black glossy pad is a little too eager to show off the goods, and I often find myself zooming past the part of the page I'm looking for. So I have to painfully scroll with more concentration back to where I intended to get to in the first place.
The alternative to scrolling by vigorously rubbing the mouse is instead pressing on each end of the scroll pad itself, they act much like the arrow keys and will scroll uniformly up and down a page, but this however does not feel as satisfying as the rubbing, I can tell you. The reason for the inclusion of clickable buttons on the scroll pad is presumably for when the mouse is in air mode, and it is more comfortable to rock your thumb back and forward on the pad than it is to try and hold the mouse while scrolling a-la-finger mode.
Another annoyance I picked up was after surfing around online for only 2 mins, and it made me exclaim out loud... "Where the hell is my middle click?!!"
As a Firefox user it is imperative that I have a middle click function to open my links in a new tab. It seems Logitech has deemed the middle click unnecessary for some reason, and this is baffling as Firefox, IE7 and Opera all use middle click to create new tab instances!
This however is all without installing the mouse control software, so in theory I could macro a button underneath the scroll section to middle click, but it still defeats the purpose of having the middle click as a middle click. I would need to re-adjust my grip on the mouse in order to press one of the buttons below the scroll pad and that would be as time consuming as having to right click and select "open in a new tab".
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Nintendo called; they want their concept back]
- Page 2 [Set Phasers to Stun]
- Page 3 [Moan Moan Moan...]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis