Thermalright HR-03 GT
Thermalright has been making elegant CPU and VGA coolers for many years now. Don't let the sweet exterior fool you though, as Thermalright's coolers perform even better than they look. The HR-03 GT is our only cooler in this round up that can be mounted with the fins above the graphics card giving the user the option to mount the system with fins on top or bottom. This will go a long way for end users looking to use SLI or CrossFire modes.
Right out of the box the HR-03 is passive so we are going to test the cooler with a low speed Nexus 92mm fan that passes enough air to keep our card cool while keeping the acoustics to non-existent levels outside of the case.
Dimension: L133 x W156 x H38 mm (heatsink only)
Weight: 410g (heatsink only) Recommended Fan (92x25mm)
6 heatpipes for maximum amount of heat transfer
Proprietary two-heatsinks-in-one design to maximize cooling capacity
Two ways of mounting the cooler on video card for best space and configuration management in ATX and BTX form factor cases
Light weight and easy no-tool installation
SLI compatible for serious gaming enthusiasts
NVIDIA 6800 Series - (GS,GT,Ultra)
NVIDIA 7800 Series
NVIDIA 7900 Series
NVIDIA 7950 GT
NVIDIA 8600 GTS
NVIDIA 8800 GT
NVIDIA 8800 GTS (G92)
NVIDIA 9600 GT (G94)
ATI X1800 Series
ATI X1900 Series
ATI HD-3850 Series
ATI HD-3870 Series
Thermalright took the minimalist approach with their packaging, brown box style.
The side of the box lists what product is inside, so at least you know what you are grabbing off of the parts shelf.
It is beautiful! The cooler is very shiny and those heatpipes are placed perfectly across tightly spaced cooling fins.
I was disappointed when I saw that the GPU mating surface had small machine marks; I was expecting a perfectly flat, mirror surface.
Calling the caped crusader? You have to admit that it reminds you of the Bat Signal.
Here we see that the six heatpipes run through the entire fin area.
The accessory package comes with enough memory heatsinks to cool two graphics cards and Thermalright gave us enough thermal paste for several applications.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme 2900]
- Page 3 [Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme 8800]
- Page 4 [Auras Fridge (JES-988)]
- Page 5 [Coolink GFXChilla]
- Page 6 [GIGABYTE V-Power]
- Page 7 [Thermaltake DuOrb]
- Page 8 [Thermaltake TMG ND5]
- Page 9 [Thermalright HR-03 GT]
- Page 10 [APACK ZEROtherm Hurricane HC92 Cu 8800]
- Page 11 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 12 [Testing Results]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Refurbished Galaxy Note7 might cost $700
- Nintendo market cap valuation now higher than Sony's
- LG's new 'world's first' 77-inch flexible 4K OLED teased
- GIGABYTE's new AMD EPYC motherboard supports 1TB of RAM
- AMD Radeon RX Vega price will be 'excellent'
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- In Win 301 Mini-Tower Chassis Review
- Best bang for your buck: AC1900 Wireless Routers
- ADATA XPG SX8000 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller