Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme 8800
The Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme 8800 is nearly identical to the 2900 model, but a look at the bottom of the unit shows that the two are not interchangeable. As you can see, the triple 80mm fan arrangement was used here and from the top it is difficult to tell the two apart.
3 x 80mm PWM Fans
5 heatpipes Penetrate 107 Fins
Optimized air flow
Patented fan holder eliminates humming noise
Low noise impeller
Integrated memory cooling
Voltage regulator cooling
6 year warranty
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS (G80)
The 8800 version of the Accelero Xtreme is packaged just like the 2900. The front is a large plastic window so you can see the cooler and the compatibility information is listed in the top right hand corner.
A general performance statement is listed on the back of the packaging and you can also see the bottom of the VRM heatsinks in a window.
The top of the cooler has the three 80mm fans.
The bottom of the cooler has a larger copper plate than the 2900 offered. Since the 8800 series cards have a larger contact area than the 2900, it makes sense to maximize your surface area when you can.
Here we see the side of the cooler and the fins that remove the heat from the heatpipes. Both the 2900 and 8800 versions plug directly into the graphics cards fan power connectors. We will discuss this further in the article.
On the back side of the cooler we see that the heatpipes run the entire length of the cooler.
The accessory kit for the Accelero Xtreme 8800; notice this time that the VRM coolers are separated into four instead of one long heatsink.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme 2900]
- Page 3 [Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme 8800]
- Page 4 [Auras Fridge (JES-988)]
- Page 5 [Coolink GFXChilla]
- Page 6 [GIGABYTE V-Power]
- Page 7 [Thermaltake DuOrb]
- Page 8 [Thermaltake TMG ND5]
- Page 9 [Thermalright HR-03 GT]
- Page 10 [APACK ZEROtherm Hurricane HC92 Cu 8800]
- Page 11 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 12 [Testing Results]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- It looks like there were only 12,000 'real' women on Ashley Madison
- Tomb Raider goes mobile with turn-based puzzle game 'Lara Croft Go'
- Dell unveils a new 27-inch QHD G-Sync monitor, priced at $799
- 'The Iron Giant' theatrical re-release gets first trailer
- Apple already putting pressure on Fitbit in wearables market
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20