Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme 8800
The Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme 8800 is nearly identical to the 2900 model, but a look at the bottom of the unit shows that the two are not interchangeable. As you can see, the triple 80mm fan arrangement was used here and from the top it is difficult to tell the two apart.
3 x 80mm PWM Fans
5 heatpipes Penetrate 107 Fins
Optimized air flow
Patented fan holder eliminates humming noise
Low noise impeller
Integrated memory cooling
Voltage regulator cooling
6 year warranty
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS (G80)
The 8800 version of the Accelero Xtreme is packaged just like the 2900. The front is a large plastic window so you can see the cooler and the compatibility information is listed in the top right hand corner.
A general performance statement is listed on the back of the packaging and you can also see the bottom of the VRM heatsinks in a window.
The top of the cooler has the three 80mm fans.
The bottom of the cooler has a larger copper plate than the 2900 offered. Since the 8800 series cards have a larger contact area than the 2900, it makes sense to maximize your surface area when you can.
Here we see the side of the cooler and the fins that remove the heat from the heatpipes. Both the 2900 and 8800 versions plug directly into the graphics cards fan power connectors. We will discuss this further in the article.
On the back side of the cooler we see that the heatpipes run the entire length of the cooler.
The accessory kit for the Accelero Xtreme 8800; notice this time that the VRM coolers are separated into four instead of one long heatsink.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme 2900]
- Page 3 [Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme 8800]
- Page 4 [Auras Fridge (JES-988)]
- Page 5 [Coolink GFXChilla]
- Page 6 [GIGABYTE V-Power]
- Page 7 [Thermaltake DuOrb]
- Page 8 [Thermaltake TMG ND5]
- Page 9 [Thermalright HR-03 GT]
- Page 10 [APACK ZEROtherm Hurricane HC92 Cu 8800]
- Page 11 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 12 [Testing Results]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Further Reading: Read and find more Cases, Cooling & PSU content at our Cases, Cooling & PSU reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Report: 5 billion Google Android apps are vulnerable to cyberattack
- Mobile payment market is up for grabs among companies pushing services
- Dropping phablet prices putting pressure on smaller-sized smartphones
- Secret Service plans to test drone flights in Washington, D.C
- Tim Cook: Apple Watch could replace car keys for newer vehicles
- win crash
- PC-K65 and PC-K69
- Ga-ep31-ds3l dead after flashing bios
- HIS Multi-View x2 HDOCK1 USB 3.0 Dual Display Docking Station Review
- Cannot open CTRL + I Intel rapid storage menu
- Fractal Design Announces Venturi Series Fans
- BitFenix Announces AEGIS Micro-ATX Chassis
- VisionTek Introduces DriveXpander 2.5-inch Drive Expansion Slot Adapter
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop