Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz (333MHz x 9)
Motherboard(s): GIGABYTE X48-DQ6 (Supplied by GIGABYTE)
Memory: 2 X 1GB Kingston PC6400 DDR-2 3-3-3-10 (KHX6400D2ULK2/2G) (Supplied by Kingston)
Hard Disk(s): Seagate 250GB 7200RPM SATA-2 7200.10 (Supplied by Seagate)
Operating System: Windows Vista
Drivers: Catalyst 8.2, 2-22-08 dated CrossfireX driver
With a pair of HD 3870 X2 cards in hand it's time to check out what Crossfire X is capable of. For comparisons sake we've also included a single HD 3870 and a single HD 3870 X2.
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 110
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark06/
3DMark06 is the very latest version of the "Gamers Benchmark" from FutureMark. The newest version of 3DMark expands on the tests in 3DMark05 by adding graphical effects using Shader Model 3.0 and HDR (High Dynamic Range lighting) which will push even the best DX9 graphics cards to the extremes.
3DMark06 also focuses on not just the GPU but the CPU using the AGEIA PhysX software physics library to effectively test single and Dual Core processors.
It doesn't come as any real surprise that we see improvements over the single X2, but gains aren't exactly massive. The biggest gains can clearly be seen at 1920 x 1200 with only 300 points separating it from the default score.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR)]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Enemy Territory: Quake Wars]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 9 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 10 [Final Thoughts]
Further Reading: Read and find more Video Cards content at our Video Cards reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Tim Cook: Apple Watch could replace car keys for newer vehicles
- RIP 'Star Trek' legend Leonard Nimoy
- Cyberattacks top threat to United States, intelligence agencies say
- Lenovo promises to be more transparent about pre-installed software
- Report: AR and VR devices will surge, 3M units in 2015 to 55M in 2020
- maximum ram in a GA-H55M-UD2H
- plugging a peripheral into front panel USB 2.0 killed the peripheral? and suspends the computer?
- USB Devices go unrecognized AM3+ Extreme 3 990fx
- Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M
- GALAX GeForce GTX 960 EXOC Video Card Review
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse