After reading through the last two pages, you are probably nauseated by the amount of sucking up I have just done in favour of this particular Logitech product. Do not get me wrong, I'm not on Logitech's payroll or anything; I even went out and bought this keyboard with my own hard swindled cash from a Nova store in Taiwan!
So, to balance it all out we come to the part of the article where I can air my gripes about the keyboard. I will now proceed to say some bad things about this board, not mentioned previously in the review.
The price; It's just too high for some people that want a decent keyboard which didn't come with their computer when they bought it. I paid approx 2,800NTD (Taiwan Dollars) and immediately felt stupid as I looked into my empty wallet. There is a reason for the steep price jump, though this also brings me to my second annoyance.
Why do we need an LCD in a keyboard? Yes! I know, it's pimp. But seriously... why an LCD? I can see my currently playing tracks on the LCD... but wait... if I lift my head 15 degrees I can also see it in Windows Media Player! - Now, it's a bit unfair criticising a keyboard for a feature I purposefully chose (there are enough out there without an LCD that could have done the same job at a lower price), but I'm not willing to concede that it's my fault! I'm merely a victim of marketing and hype..... Okay, so maybe that last gripe was more about my own selfish need to impress the ladies on my little pony forum, so I'll air my final one to make up for it.
Saving my worst gripe for last, it's time to talk about the quality of the materials. The keyboard, well, quite frankly it just looks like sex. However, it is let down the moment you start to use it because it has a somewhat plastic-y feel to it. The keys have a silky texture finish to them and it makes my fingers feel weird when playing for long periods of time. Then there are the media control buttons, you end up chipping a nail every time you press them. It would have been much better if they stuck with the rubber style buttons they used on the LCD controls themselves. These plastic keys are too hard to push compared with everything else on the keyboard, it just doesn't seem right.
Oh and before I forget, the clip on wrist wrest. It has a large seam when clipped onto the keyboard which left my wrists with huge raised tracks on them! It would have been nicer to have a wrist wrest that becomes flush with the rest of the keyboard when attached; this doesn't seem like too much to ask.
While I'm disgusted at myself for dropping too much money on a keyboard, I am still really pleased with it overall. The good points substantially outshine the bad, and it's possibly the sweetest looking keyboard I have ever owned.
Now, if you will excuse me I'm expecting a delivery of My Little Ponies any time now...
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Tesla founder deletes his tweet that hinted towards 'Model Y' vehicle
- Halo 5 will have a 'much more sociable' story thanks to 4-player co-op
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio
- GUITAR HERO LIVE PITS JAMES FRANCO AGAINST LENNY KRAVITZ IN AN EPIC ROCK BATTLE WITH THE PREMIERE OF THE 'WIN THE CROWD' LIVE-ACTION TRAILER