Most products like to say in the instructions "Install drivers first, then plug in the device", but I love to throw caution to the wind; the moment it came out of the box it was plugged into a USB slot faster than you can say "Microsoft-HID-compliant-device".
It was recognised instantly in Vista as a USB keyboard. Most of the standard features work without the need for the Logitech software, but then again, you might as well buy a cheap keyboard if you wanted just that.
Thankfully, putting in the CD and installing the software was painless. The drivers restart the keyboard, and this time the LCD scrolls through several default installed programs. JOY!
By default, the G15 has a range of LCD applications pre-installed; some are specific to games, however, and will not load until the game itself is active. There are a number of 3rd party applications for the LCD that can be downloaded from the interweb to add greater functionality to the display.
Further to this, Logitech have given us the power to create our own applications by including an SDK with their software. For those who don't know, an SDK means you can make your own programs for the company's hardware, but unless you are a coder, you might want to forget this titbit of information. To make an LCD program for this keyboard you will need some proficiency in C++ and compiling said code with the supplied libraries.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- AMD Radeon RX 580 benchmarks leaked, is this Vega?
- Nintendo Switch supports remote game downloads
- Nintendo Switch left JoyCons have connection issues
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications