Most products like to say in the instructions "Install drivers first, then plug in the device", but I love to throw caution to the wind; the moment it came out of the box it was plugged into a USB slot faster than you can say "Microsoft-HID-compliant-device".
It was recognised instantly in Vista as a USB keyboard. Most of the standard features work without the need for the Logitech software, but then again, you might as well buy a cheap keyboard if you wanted just that.
Thankfully, putting in the CD and installing the software was painless. The drivers restart the keyboard, and this time the LCD scrolls through several default installed programs. JOY!
By default, the G15 has a range of LCD applications pre-installed; some are specific to games, however, and will not load until the game itself is active. There are a number of 3rd party applications for the LCD that can be downloaded from the interweb to add greater functionality to the display.
Further to this, Logitech have given us the power to create our own applications by including an SDK with their software. For those who don't know, an SDK means you can make your own programs for the company's hardware, but unless you are a coder, you might want to forget this titbit of information. To make an LCD program for this keyboard you will need some proficiency in C++ and compiling said code with the supplied libraries.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple rumored to partner with Dr. Dre for TV drama
- Google will soon retire Picasa photo service
- Apple rumored to release iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3 on March 18
- AMD's new recruit teases the Radeon R9 Fury X2 dual-GPU card
- NVIDIA is testing four different Pascal GPUs right now
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives