The latest driver release isn't anything special, but as always you should check out the release notes as it may fix some issues with a game you're currently playing. We honestly didn't really expect a lot to happen with this driver though, this due to the huge amount of talk with the 8.3 driver set for next month which should bring with it Crossfire X support.
AMD have to crank out a driver every month and this one just looks like one that consisted of a few bug fixes and a little bit of fine tuning here and there. We don't doubt that the majority of the staff are working on the March release driver to make it as good as possible.
In all honesty though, AMD probably needed to see some gains from this driver with the release of the 9600GT. The 9600GT tends to perform around the same as the HD 3870 but should come in a little cheaper. With a bit of overclocking we can see that it actually is able to consistently beat out a stock clocked HD 3870.
There is a lot of pressure for AMD to have an outstanding driver come next month. We have our fingers and toes crossed that they're able to do something to continue standing out from the pack like the X2 has.
All we can do now is wait and see.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR)]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Enemy Territory: Quake Wars]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 8 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- AMD's new Radeon RX 580 and RX 570 spotted
- Samsung DeX transforms your Galaxy S8 into a desktop PC
- Samsung unveils new Gear 360 camera
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design