Considering there was nothing in the press release about performance improvements it's nice to see that we have got a bit of a speed bump anyway. The disappointing thing here though is that it only seems to affect the higher end models, but at the lower resolution where generally the cards are already powerful enough and giving out a decent score.
The most interesting thing about the latest driver release is the new models that have managed to show up under the drivers' support.
"ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics" = ati2mtag_RS780
"ATI Radeon HD 3450" = ati2mtag_RV610
"ATI Radeon HD 3470" = ati2mtag_RV610
"ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series" = ati2mtag_RV630
"ATI Radeon HD 3850" = ati2mtag_RV630
"ATI Radeon HD 3870" = ati2mtag_RV630
"ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2" = ati2mtag_RV630
While we know about the HD 3870 X2 coming out in the next few days, the other models are a bit of a surprise.
Clearly AMD have something up their sleeve and no doubt we're going to see it sooner rather than later.
Before we finish up though, the only real gripe we have with the latest drivers is that it manages to put this little grey square in the top left corner. A number of people have reported it and we've managed to see it as well. No one really knows what it is at the moment but let's hope AMD get rid of it in the next driver release because it's quite annoying.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Release Notes]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 7 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - Vista]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Call of Juarez (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes (DX10) - Vista]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- Watch Dogs 2's new patch is better on RAM, and more
- Galaxy S8 rumored to cost $849, launches on March 29
- Microsoft loves PC gaming, no HDR support in Halo Wars 2
- Pentium G4560 costs $64, fights Core i5-2500K at $270
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99