The overclocking ability on products is sometimes one of the most important features. More often than not in the computer world you're given the ability to buy a model or two down, and with a BIOS or easy to use application you can take that said product up to and often above the level of the top model.
The 8800GTS 512MB has impressed us; the G92 looks like a great core and thanks to the pricing it's never been so cheap to get into a high performance computer. What we have noticed though is that once our article went live more and more people started mentioning just how important overclocking is.
The 8800GTS 512MB is only a little bit ahead of the 8800GT 512MB, but with its dual slot cooler and extra shaders on tap we thought that where the card may really shine is in the overclocking department.
Since we've looked at both the 8800GT and GTS in quite a fair bit of detail we're not going to get into too much today. We will look over the test system and hop straight into the results.
In next to no time we will have a real idea on what G92 overclocking is like.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis (DX9)]
- Page 10 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 10 [Final Thoughts]
Further Reading: Read and find more Video Cards content at our Video Cards reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Social media being used to help identify Islamic extremism
- Barnes & Noble is keeping the NOOK Media digital business, for now
- NPD: Mobile gaming grew 20 percent in 2014, creating opportunities
- Intel to reclassify Atom processors with Atom x3, Atom x5 and Atom x7
- LG's unveils Watch Urbane LTE, lets you make calls from your wrist
- USB Devices go unrecognized AM3+ Extreme 3 990fx
- Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M
- GALAX GeForce GTX 960 EXOC Video Card Review
- Intermittent hardware problem: CLR CMOS - Dr. Debug 67
- HIS Multi-View HDOCKP USB 3.0 Portable Docking Station Review
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse