The overclocking ability on products is sometimes one of the most important features. More often than not in the computer world you're given the ability to buy a model or two down, and with a BIOS or easy to use application you can take that said product up to and often above the level of the top model.
The 8800GTS 512MB has impressed us; the G92 looks like a great core and thanks to the pricing it's never been so cheap to get into a high performance computer. What we have noticed though is that once our article went live more and more people started mentioning just how important overclocking is.
The 8800GTS 512MB is only a little bit ahead of the 8800GT 512MB, but with its dual slot cooler and extra shaders on tap we thought that where the card may really shine is in the overclocking department.
Since we've looked at both the 8800GT and GTS in quite a fair bit of detail we're not going to get into too much today. We will look over the test system and hop straight into the results.
In next to no time we will have a real idea on what G92 overclocking is like.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis (DX9)]
- Page 10 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 10 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Galaxy S8 rumored to cost $849, launches on March 29
- Microsoft loves PC gaming, no HDR support in Halo Wars 2
- Pentium G4560 costs $64, fights Core i5-2500K at $270
- Modified Tesla Model S goes from 0-100 in 2.1 seconds
- Airbus wants to start testing flying cars this year
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99