1280 x 1024
We can see that the HD 2900 XT 1GB GDDR4 model offers nothing over the 512MB GDDR3 model. Performance for the HD 2900 XT also sits between the 8800GTS and the newly released 8800GT. The top three spots are all taken up by NVIDIA with the Ultra coming out on top which is no surprise. At medium settings there also isn't much that separates the three. It's only at high we see the cards separate a bit more.
1680 x 1050
Moving up to that 22" wide screen resolution which has become so popular these days, we paint a very similar picture. HD 2900 cards sit between the GTS and GT 8800 variants. The 8600GTS and HD 2600 XT don't give us anything at all to get excited about at both settings. The same three cards sit at the top again with all of them breaking a 50 FPS average at the medium settings at this resolution.
1920 x 1200
Since only the NVIDIA cards offer 1920 x 1200 that's all that's been tested here; and while the 8600GTS does offer it, given the numbers it was spitting out at 1680 x 1050 we didn't think we would waste our time. The Ultra is able to crack 50FPS at medium at this resolution while the GTX and GT sit at the mid 40FPS mark and the GTS sits closer to the mid 30s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 'The Iron Giant' theatrical re-release gets first trailer
- Apple already putting pressure on Fitbit in wearables market
- Charge ALL the Things With a 4-Port USB Hub
- Trying to prevent drones from dropping contraband into prisons is hard
- No Star Wars Battlefront Xbox One bundle, EA confirms
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20