G0ing for G0ld!
3.8GHz was stable, though at 1.6 volts on the CPU we wouldn't want to be running it every day. Further tweaking may find you achieving this at closer to 1.5 volts. We're also not on the best cooling solution around; while we're a lot better than an air cooler, the Corsair Nautilus500 while being a very capable cooling solution doesn't have anything on serious setups with 3x 120MM radiators which give you the ability to run higher voltage settings over a longer period of time. Unless you're in Antarctica we wouldn't recommend you venture to 1.6 volts unless your CPU has a bit of a death wish.
In the moment of high clock speeds we were feeling a little bit crazy and thought we would go for 4GHz.
..and we got it!
1.66 volts later and a whole lot of time we managed to break that magical 4GHz mark. I don't consider myself a hardcore overclocker but for this little achievement a pat on the back was well deserved!
We almost hit 16,500 3DMarks which is almost 500 up on the 3.8GHz run so the speed increase could continue to be seen in 3DMark06.
We ran our Crossfire cards at complete stock so no doubt we will soon be going back to 4GHz and clocking one of the cards up, since we can't do them both just yet.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [What parts do we need?]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 7 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 8 [G0ing for G0ld!]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni