That covers things for this article and here is to the joys of always being able to be connected, as long as there is service coverage wherever you may be.
Maybe it is time you considered saving some cash and cancelling your existing broadband connection? Probably not but if you were on a 256Kbps or 512Kbps you could actually consider it if the data charges vs. monthly rate ratio works out well.
This method of connectively would also work well as a backup internet connection if your regular home or office connection goes down. For a little bit of fun, we tried using our favorite bit torrent software called "utorrent" and we had no issues whatsoever with downloading and uploading torrents - albeit slower than usual but it still worked.
We uploaded at almost 30KB/s and our regular port that was programmed into our usual Wi-Fi router was also open and accessible, which was a shock. We also had no issues with FTP connections but before you venture into this, you should check with your phone network provider in your area about what types of services you can and cannot use as your mileage may vary.
If you have any tech questions or want to comment, as always head on over to our forums and speak out. There is a link below for you to navigate there quicky!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [HSDPA connection sharing from WM6 phones]
- Page 2 [HSDPA on the PC over Bluetooth]
- Page 3 [HSDPA on the PC over USB]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard paves the way for Diablo II Remastered
- NASA astronaut sets a new record for time spent in space
- Alien Isolation 2 might be in development
- Samsung and Qualcomm negotiating over Snapdragon 845?
- Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 takes 5 minutes to load on PS4
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club