Winchip 2GB DDR2 Memory kit
Winchip are a new company on the memory scene. Winchip was once a name in the CPU market, IDT produced the Winchip CPU during the Socket 7 days when Pentium was king. Now Winchip is a memory company producing memory modules. Our first product from them is a 2GB offering. We were given the modules in clear plastic casing, no other paraphernalia was included due to the early nature of these modules.
Winchip's first set we have been given was a 1200MHz DDR2 memory module kit, these with timings of 5-5-5-15 at a max voltage of 2.35v. The modules come with a rather sexy heatspreader which sits above the memory in order to move the heat away from the modules. This principle works by convection cooling, moving the heat to the top of the spreader where cool air from the internal case fans can blow over the modules much more effectively than the standard alloy heatspreaders like those seen on both Kingston and Geil's modules today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Modules - Geil PC2-9280 DDR2-1160+ Dual Channel Kit]
- Page 3 [The Modules - Kingston KHX9600DX2K2/1G]
- Page 4 [The Modules - Kingston KHX64002ULK2/2G]
- Page 5 [The Modules - Winchip]
- Page 6 [The Modules - ADATA DDR2-12000]
- Page 7 [Overclocking the Modules]
- Page 8 [Test System Setup and Everest]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- GA-EP45-UD3R having wierd issues with 8 GB RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design