While we have the typical large box design from ASUS we can see they have gone down the Gigabyte path with front of the box being concentrated on the game that is included in the package. In this case, it's S.T.A.L.K.E.R, which is quite a major game that was only released a little while ago in March.
Apart from S.T.A.L.K.E.R we see all the usual details on the front of the box - model, amount of RAM, main features like HDCP along with a large sticker on the front to mention the inclusion of Black Box, which is actually now Orange Box, which comes with a few extra games, which are yet to be released.
Turning the box over we have a pretty standard affair with some extended details on the card along with an explanation on some of the features that ASUS cards offer.
Diving into the package it's actually pretty full on, cable wise we have some molex to PCI Express power connectors, two DVI to VGA connectors, DVI to HDMI connector, ATI Crossfire cable, VIVO cable and HDTV Component out cable.
Paperwork wise we have a quick install guide and the Black Box voucher. We also have a CD wallet and on the software side of things we have a CD with the manual on it, another with the driver and copy of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Overall it's a pretty nice package and the inclusion of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is a nice touch since most companies feel that since the Black Box is included they don't have to include another game but ASUS did anyway to spice up the package even more. The only thing we would have liked to have seen which the MSI did include was the 6-pin to 8-pin connector, otherwise it's a fantastic package overall.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [ASUS HD 2900 XT - Package]
- Page 3 [ASUS HD 2900 XT - Card]
- Page 4 [ASUS 8800 Ultra - Package]
- Page 5 [ASUS 8800 Ultra - Card]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - RyderMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast HDR)]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Supreme Commander]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Overclocking]
- Page 15 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung confirms faulty batteries caused Note7 fiasco
- Hugo Barra is leaving Xiaomi next month
- 'Terminator' to wrap with creator James Cameron's return
- PC gaming hardware market hits $30 billion
- Nintendo Switch battery life analysis
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni