While we have the typical large box design from ASUS we can see they have gone down the Gigabyte path with front of the box being concentrated on the game that is included in the package. In this case, it's S.T.A.L.K.E.R, which is quite a major game that was only released a little while ago in March.
Apart from S.T.A.L.K.E.R we see all the usual details on the front of the box - model, amount of RAM, main features like HDCP along with a large sticker on the front to mention the inclusion of Black Box, which is actually now Orange Box, which comes with a few extra games, which are yet to be released.
Turning the box over we have a pretty standard affair with some extended details on the card along with an explanation on some of the features that ASUS cards offer.
Diving into the package it's actually pretty full on, cable wise we have some molex to PCI Express power connectors, two DVI to VGA connectors, DVI to HDMI connector, ATI Crossfire cable, VIVO cable and HDTV Component out cable.
Paperwork wise we have a quick install guide and the Black Box voucher. We also have a CD wallet and on the software side of things we have a CD with the manual on it, another with the driver and copy of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Overall it's a pretty nice package and the inclusion of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is a nice touch since most companies feel that since the Black Box is included they don't have to include another game but ASUS did anyway to spice up the package even more. The only thing we would have liked to have seen which the MSI did include was the 6-pin to 8-pin connector, otherwise it's a fantastic package overall.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [ASUS HD 2900 XT - Package]
- Page 3 [ASUS HD 2900 XT - Card]
- Page 4 [ASUS 8800 Ultra - Package]
- Page 5 [ASUS 8800 Ultra - Card]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - RyderMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast HDR)]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Supreme Commander]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Overclocking]
- Page 15 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- New Star Wars Battlefront footage arrives with Luke vs Darth Vader
- Valve's retail presence involves GameStop, EB Games and Game UK
- Win a copy of BBC Earth's amazing 'Life Story' Blu-ray documentary
- This is what Half-Life 2 looks like when rendered in Unreal Engine 4
- Chromecast 2's CPU is 2.5 times faster than its predecessor's
- Topic: X99E-ITX/ac with 32GB ram
- Buffalo TeraStation 5200 Windows Storage Server Review
- USB 3.0 (or even 3.1) header availability for Armorsuit PC-P60?
- Project Core XD
- ASROCK FM2A88X-ITX+ No video first boot
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit
- Supermicro Launches New 1U TwinPro Fully Redundant, Dual DP Node, SuperServer
- AMD Partners with Oculus and Dell to Power Oculus Ready PCs