While we have the typical large box design from ASUS we can see they have gone down the Gigabyte path with front of the box being concentrated on the game that is included in the package. In this case, it's S.T.A.L.K.E.R, which is quite a major game that was only released a little while ago in March.
Apart from S.T.A.L.K.E.R we see all the usual details on the front of the box - model, amount of RAM, main features like HDCP along with a large sticker on the front to mention the inclusion of Black Box, which is actually now Orange Box, which comes with a few extra games, which are yet to be released.
Turning the box over we have a pretty standard affair with some extended details on the card along with an explanation on some of the features that ASUS cards offer.
Diving into the package it's actually pretty full on, cable wise we have some molex to PCI Express power connectors, two DVI to VGA connectors, DVI to HDMI connector, ATI Crossfire cable, VIVO cable and HDTV Component out cable.
Paperwork wise we have a quick install guide and the Black Box voucher. We also have a CD wallet and on the software side of things we have a CD with the manual on it, another with the driver and copy of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Overall it's a pretty nice package and the inclusion of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is a nice touch since most companies feel that since the Black Box is included they don't have to include another game but ASUS did anyway to spice up the package even more. The only thing we would have liked to have seen which the MSI did include was the 6-pin to 8-pin connector, otherwise it's a fantastic package overall.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [ASUS HD 2900 XT - Package]
- Page 3 [ASUS HD 2900 XT - Card]
- Page 4 [ASUS 8800 Ultra - Package]
- Page 5 [ASUS 8800 Ultra - Card]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - RyderMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast HDR)]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Supreme Commander]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Overclocking]
- Page 15 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Razer announces a new customizable Xbox One controller for $150
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- Head of Islamic State Cyber Caliphate killed by drone strike
- Scosche launches the boomBOTTLE+ waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20