With the TES 1326 Infrared Thermometer literally in hand we found ourselves getting real-world temperatures from the products we test at load (3D clock speeds).
There are two places we pull temperature from - the back of the card directly behind the core and if the card is dual slot and has an exhaust point we also pull a temperate from there, as seen in the picture.
We again see the same effect of the HD 2900 XT pumping out plenty of hot air.
Pulling out the TES 1350A Sound Level Meter we find ourselves quickly yelling into the top of it to see how loud we can be.
After five minutes of that we get a bit more serious and place the device two CM away from the fan on the card to find the maximum noise level of the card when idle (2D mode) and in load (3D mode).
The Ultra is much quieter than the competition with the HD 2900 XT being much louder at both idle and full load.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [ASUS HD 2900 XT - Package]
- Page 3 [ASUS HD 2900 XT - Card]
- Page 4 [ASUS 8800 Ultra - Package]
- Page 5 [ASUS 8800 Ultra - Card]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - RyderMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast HDR)]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Supreme Commander]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Overclocking]
- Page 15 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- Battlegrounds updates will soon slow down
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes