DDR-3 memory is not exactly something new, we have been hearing about it for over a year thanks to the VGA market. Much was the same with DDR-2 and much will be the same with GDDR-4 as we are hearing it being mentioned on the latest graphics cards like the upcoming HD 2950 XTX from AMD.
The release of the P35 chipset from Intel has marked DDR-3 memory coming to the mainstream market. While pricey at the moment and not looking all that attractive when it comes to timings, we find ourselves in the same position as at the launch of DDR-2 which came with a high price tag and pretty ordinary looking specs out of the gate.
With a bunch of motherboards along with some DDR-3 memory from our friends at Corsair, we are going to dive in and have a look at exactly what an upgrade to DDR-3 is going to do for us at this point in time but is it worth jumping straight on the bandwagon right now? Maybe we should wait it out for a bit? Is the P35 a worthy upgrade from the P965? This and more will be answered as we look through a number of different setups and benchmarks in this article.
Let us have a closer look at what exactly DDR-3 is along with what is running what today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm's next chip will use machine learning to detect malware
- Intel teases 100TB or larger SSDs for 2020
- Battlefield 4 'Summer update' arrives on September 1
- Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet reaches Australia, available right now
- Six people busted for using Lizard Squad's custom DDoS tool
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20