It is hard to draw any conclusions on RyderMark at this stage. It is an interesting benchmark in terms of what it can do, but it is not visually impressive and some of the effects such as the water, fire and smoke are less than impressive. The surrounding landscape, which seems to be set in Venice, is quite attractive, but the boats do not look that great and the one that explodes towards the end of the demo breaks up in a way that looks very dated, even compared to a year old title with minimum physics usage. It is also the matter of how the boats travel in the water and the very poor looking foam that looks more like a bunch of white pixels.
Now, we are not knocking the people at Candella Software, as it is not easy to program a 3D benchmark and get everything right first time around. However, the buzz around RyderMark seems to have given it more credit than might be due. We will be looking into RyderMark again, once the final version appears in about two week's time. For now, RyderMark is an interesting way of testing specific features of a graphics card, but it is not going to replace any current benchmarks but you probably will start to see more and more of it appearing in our VGA reviews.
From what you have seen so far, leave your opinion below or in our forums!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZTE launches Blade MAX 3: Available in the US for $200
- Kingdom Hearts 3 may release in 2019
- Google Pixel 2 devices to feature Snapdragon 835
- Fisker to unveil their new electric car in August
- New Friday the 13th game slashes PC, consoles this May
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family