As explained earlier one of the benchmarks missing in this lineup has to be MobileMark. Since we did not have the benchmark present at the time we tried to measure the battery life manually, which is probably the most accurate anyway but not entirely consistent. This is not an exact science but we were able to record the time you can use the notebook under certain conditions. The recorded times are rounded to the nearest hour. Battery life was tested with the notebook in regular power saving mode and not in performance mode which means the CPU and so forth are not running at full speed and the screen is not at its brightest setting.
Using simple programs such as Microsoft Office, some games, photo editing software and other various small programs we mimicked day to day work on the notebook and measured the lifespan of the internal battery. In this case the battery life span came down to roughly four hours with day to day usage.
If you use the notebook for heavy duty gaming or rendering of any kind the battery life is shortened to about three hours max and that is being generous.
When casually reading documents or eBooks, the life span of the battery increases to about five hours. For a business user just reading e-mail, the battery life is quite good and while it's not the best out there, it is one of the better notebook models.
Luckily battery charging is quicker and easier then draining it. Dell has incorporated the ExpressCharge technique by which a 6-cell battery loads to 80% charge in one hour and 100% charge in 2 hours. This D820 houses a 9-cell battery so it takes a little longer then an hour to reach the same levels, but it is still impressive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Features]
- Page 4 [More Features]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Windows Vista (WEI)]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 10 [Battery Life]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Crimson Edition hotfix driver released, fixes fan and game issues
- Just Cause 3 experiencing performance issues on the PS4
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' renewed for third season
- Formula E planning driverless championship for 2016
- Microsoft has reportedly fired 60 engineers working on HoloLens
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- AMD Promotes Renowned Graphics Architect Michael Mantor to Corporate Fellow
- IEM San Jose doubles viewership, raises US$38k for charity and crowns new champions
- Students pitch ideas to gaming guru
- Announcing The Live TwitchTV Launch Of Stellar Stars On Steam Greenlight and IndieGoGo This December 1st
- Black Friday - The action game! 45 seconds of fun, fast paced colourful satire. 'Beat The Crowd'