The new K10 processor architecture is coming, but clearly not soon enough but if you think Intel is going to just sit on its hands while that is released, you are kidding yourself! Also K10 is going to come out with your typical new product price premium, use a new socket, and cost a bucket load to upgrade to. If 939 users are not willing to upgrade to the currently superior Intel Core 2 platform, why would they upgrade to K10 when it is going to cost even more again? Let's just hope it offers some tangible performance increases.
Then we have the R600 (at least we think we do...), if the ATI portion of AMD kicks off again, this could help with a much needed cash injection letting it refocus on CPUs and chipsets (their core business), and hopefully the company could become one big happy family again. The problem is that, say the ATI portion does kick off and AMD can start spending money on the CPU development side of things again, what is going to happen to the graphics card portion of the business? Were their eyes bigger than their stomach when they decided to buy out ATI?
If AMD channels all the money generated from the VGA card business into CPU design, how can you expect that portion to become successful? Can the R600 really bring in the money to support all those divisions; motherboards, VGA, and processors. I highly doubt it, though anything is possible but it seems evident AMD is going to need some type of help in the near future if they intend to remain in existence.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- George Miller still planning two 'Mad Max' sequels
- Call of Duty WWII creatively strips players of power
- Hardware deals: GTX 1050 only $95 & cheapest Ryzen 5
- Instagram reaches 700 million users
- Samsung and LG working on a display with 4 curved sides?
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives
- Call of Duty: WWII delivers gripping action on global scale
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design