X-Bit Labs File Copy Test
Version and / or Patch Used: 0.5.3
Developer Homepage: http://www.xbitlabs.com
Product Homepage: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/storage/display/fc-test.html
X-Bit Labs File Copy Test is a real-world benchmark used to measure the performance of IDE subsystems. In this test, we time how long it takes to copy 523MB worth of data (various downloaded setup files) from one place to another with File Copy Test program optimizations disabled to help provide the most accurate time possible.
In our first real-world test demonstrating read speeds, the Seagate desktop hard disk drive continues to lead.
It is interesting to note that in a real-world situation, the lead has been shrunk to about 45% whereas HD Tach was showing about a 62% performance advantage in favor of the Seagate hard drive. The Team SSD manages to continue its lead over the Crucial pen drive.
Our final test is a demonstration of real-world write speeds, something which flash memory is known for being slower at compared to hard disk drives.
When we copy data from the master drive RAID 0 array, we see that the Seagate hard drive is able to write over twice as fast as the Team SSD but the SSD is still able to maintain its lead over the high-end USB 2.0 pen drive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve partners with Bitpay, with Bitcoin support now on Steam
- Intel no longer defines itself as a PC company, thinking more broadly
- Weekly Giveaway: Win a ZOTAC SONIX PCIe 480GB SSD (Global Entry!)
- Facebook, Messenger, Instagram apps debut on Windows 10
- Fallout 4 Steam patch adds Survival difficulty, improves performance
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- 1MORE Swarovski Crystal Piston Earphones Review
- 990fx motherboard with AMD 9370
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched