Our next step on the list is overclocking. We fired up our favourite utility ATI Tool and got things under way.
With the Gigabyte card using a silent cooler we didn't expect to see much of an increase, the clocks used are 600MHz core and 1440MHz DDR memory. Pleasantly surprised we got 10% on the core taking it to 660MHz and a bump of 120MHz DDR on the memory taking us to 1560MHz DDR.
The XFX on the other hand already utilizes quite a nice speed bump already of 620MHz core and 1600MHz DDR memory clock. Not expecting a huge overclock like the GTS which seemed to be maxed out we were surprised to say the least when we achieved a core speed of 710MHz and a memory speed of 1720MHz DDR.
Let's go ahead and see what type of difference this makes to the overall performance in a sample of tests
While the overclock did not do loads for the Gigabyte offering, XFX received huge gains in 3DMark06.
Prey gets a small bump on both cards but nothing to write home about.
Company of Heroes
Like 3DMark06 the XFX gives us huge performance gains, however, the Gigabyte does not have as much luck.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni