Our next step on the list is overclocking. We fired up our favourite utility ATI Tool and got things under way.
With the Gigabyte card using a silent cooler we didn't expect to see much of an increase, the clocks used are 600MHz core and 1440MHz DDR memory. Pleasantly surprised we got 10% on the core taking it to 660MHz and a bump of 120MHz DDR on the memory taking us to 1560MHz DDR.
The XFX on the other hand already utilizes quite a nice speed bump already of 620MHz core and 1600MHz DDR memory clock. Not expecting a huge overclock like the GTS which seemed to be maxed out we were surprised to say the least when we achieved a core speed of 710MHz and a memory speed of 1720MHz DDR.
Let's go ahead and see what type of difference this makes to the overall performance in a sample of tests
While the overclock did not do loads for the Gigabyte offering, XFX received huge gains in 3DMark06.
Prey gets a small bump on both cards but nothing to write home about.
Company of Heroes
Like 3DMark06 the XFX gives us huge performance gains, however, the Gigabyte does not have as much luck.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung making next-gen 4K mobile displays with 800PPI
- HIS roars, launches their Radeon RX 500 series cards
- Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 30
- GTA V is teaching autonomous cars how to drive
- Twitch plans to rope YouTubers with new tip system
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- HDD is going bad. Best way to transfer to new HDD?
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club
- Nokia announces next-generation technologies for the advancement of virtual reality with 'OZO Reality' vision and partner ecosystem
- Razer expands the Razer Hammerhead v2 in-ear audio line with Bluetooth and iOS Lightning models
- MSI announces new thin and light GP62X and GP72X Leopard Pro Series gaming laptops
- EK is releasing Full-Cover water blocks for the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti