Before we start
Now I know determining the maximum speed obtainable is a very difficult task so this is how we did it. We tested the memory on the selected motherboards at both CL2 and CL2.5. In order to get the speeds we listed on the table below the memory had to run all the benchmark software in succession without crashing once during the 5 loops we did. If the memory passes these tests it gets into the category, if not we tune down the memory speed. So in short, the results given are the highest we got 100% stable using a maximum Vdimm of 2.7 (this is a safe voltage for a DDR SDRAM module).
The CPU's we used were as follows
P3: Intel kindly supplied a 1.0GHz P3 Engineering sample fully unlocked. This allowed us to push the FSB without limiting the CPU core in speed by lowering the multiplier.
P4: Intel once again provided a 2G P4 Engineering sample fully unlocked, so once again, more FSB speed without stressing the CPU
AMD: OCZ provided us an AMD Athlon XP 1800+ CPU fully unlocked so we can test the memory's full capability on the AMD platform.
- P4X266: Due the the nature of the Intel Netburst FSB, overclocking the FSB is very limited and memory timings with the test board were so aggressive that all memory we tested to make sure the board worked OK failed above defaults.
- P3 Chipsets (ALI Aladdin Pro 5T and Apollo 266): Intel's P6 bus seems to max out at the 150-155Mhz level, we tested many boards and these 2 were the fastest we could get. This is most likely why Intel moved to a new bus.
While these tests are subjective and really depending on your yield of board, memory and other factors, it does give you an idea if you want to go with this particular memory or prefer to look somewhere else. We hope that it has given you some insight into the possibilities of Kingmax's DDR SDRAM.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Extended 'Independence Day: Resurgence' trailer shares new secrets
- Uncharted 4 smashes Halo 5 in first week sales with 2.7 million units
- Anniversary Update will let Windows 10 run on more devices
- Homefront: The Revolution's CPU scaling is bugged
- Spotify matches Apple Music family plan pricing
- A Case Idea
- Enermax ETS-N30R-HE and ETS-N30R-TAA CPU Cooler Review
- GA-EP45-DS4 BIOS recovery
- MB J3710M + PCIe SATA controller = No POST
- Asus Driver issues?
- Crucial announces Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 SODIMMs
- Lian Li announces new Ebonsteel Series PC cases
- G.SKILL announces 3200MHz breakthrough in DDR4 SO-DIMM high capacity memory kits
- Colorful releases the world's first GeForce GTX 1080 video card
- Zotac Zbox Mini PC has even smaller footprint with new PC stick