Before we start
Now I know determining the maximum speed obtainable is a very difficult task so this is how we did it. We tested the memory on the selected motherboards at both CL2 and CL2.5. In order to get the speeds we listed on the table below the memory had to run all the benchmark software in succession without crashing once during the 5 loops we did. If the memory passes these tests it gets into the category, if not we tune down the memory speed. So in short, the results given are the highest we got 100% stable using a maximum Vdimm of 2.7 (this is a safe voltage for a DDR SDRAM module).
The CPU's we used were as follows
P3: Intel kindly supplied a 1.0GHz P3 Engineering sample fully unlocked. This allowed us to push the FSB without limiting the CPU core in speed by lowering the multiplier.
P4: Intel once again provided a 2G P4 Engineering sample fully unlocked, so once again, more FSB speed without stressing the CPU
AMD: OCZ provided us an AMD Athlon XP 1800+ CPU fully unlocked so we can test the memory's full capability on the AMD platform.
- P4X266: Due the the nature of the Intel Netburst FSB, overclocking the FSB is very limited and memory timings with the test board were so aggressive that all memory we tested to make sure the board worked OK failed above defaults.
- P3 Chipsets (ALI Aladdin Pro 5T and Apollo 266): Intel's P6 bus seems to max out at the 150-155Mhz level, we tested many boards and these 2 were the fastest we could get. This is most likely why Intel moved to a new bus.
While these tests are subjective and really depending on your yield of board, memory and other factors, it does give you an idea if you want to go with this particular memory or prefer to look somewhere else. We hope that it has given you some insight into the possibilities of Kingmax's DDR SDRAM.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications