MSI shows off CE products
MSI held a CeBIT press conference in Taipei this week for Taiwanese press. The presentation was in Chinese, so I was only able to understand about 10% of what they were saying. Nevertheless, our contacts from MSI were on hand to show us some of the key products that'll be showing in Germany at CeBIT.
Unfortunately MSI didn't have any Bearlake motherboards on display as they had already been shipped off to Germany but nevertheless they had quite a few interesting products to show us all. Much of the presentation focus was on Vista and their latest mainstream motherboards such as the impressive nForce 680i which has onboard Creative Xi-Fi audio. Instead we are going to focus on more of their consumer electronic related products, which we found interesting.
First up is MSI's HATO notebook seemingly designed for doctors and for use in hospitals and what not. It comes with some very interesting hardware and software which allows you to measure your heart rate. Once you are all hooked up to the machine, it will report your heart rate and possible other vitals in software and on the small LCD panel next to the mouse area. It doesn't use USB for connectively but a non-standard port supposedly designed by MSI.
MSI were also showing their Media Live home theater PC which is based on AMD Live! technology. It comes with the usual HDMI port as you would expect along with AMD Cool'n'Quiet technology and even a 12-in-1 card reader. We're looking forward to getting this unit in for further testing as it definitely shows some potential.
MSI for a long time has been a company who has wanted to get their nose a little dirty in the consumer electronics business. Last year they launched their D310 Pocket TV which allows you to watch digital TV on the move. Not only that, it allowed you to watch backed up movies or download movies using flash memory via the onboard card reader.
MSI were showing off their brand new D320 Pocket TV device which is actually quite similar to the older D310 except that it has some small new tweaks. The most important change is that you are now able to stream digital TV to the device while you are travelling in a vehicle up to 120 km / hour (or 75 miles / hour). As long as you are not a speed freak, you shouldn't have any issues as long as you are in an area with good TV reception.
There are some other changes such as a friendlier user interface and a firmer and more solid stand. We'll endeavor to get one of these in for review as it could be quite an interesting product!
While MSI were showing off a whole bunch of their new AMD and Intel motherboards, our focus is on the new P6NGM-FIH. This is a new smaller than usual motherboard from MSI that is based on nVidia's upcoming MCP73 with Northbridge and Southbridge all in one. It's designed for home theater computers and as such comes with an HDMI port along with embedded hardware DX9 GeForce 7100 graphics which will be a direct competitor to Intel's upcoming G33 chipset which should both end up releasing around the same time in May of this year.
What is computer trade show coverage without at least some babes? :)
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog