Intel Bearlake continued!
As far as onboard graphics solutions goes, Intel will also be launching two new chipsets based on the Bearlake core. The first will be the G33 which will come out in May and support hardware DX9 graphics. The second and most spectacular will be the G35 which will come out sometime in Q3 with hardware DX10 graphics. There is no word on 3D performance yet but you'd expect that a DX10 part should be required to offer half decent performance and with Intel said to be producing their own discrete graphics chipsets sometime next year, we should start to see things in the 3D area rapidly improve from Intel.
Intel's range of Bearlake chipsets will be produced using .65nm process technology which means more usable chipsets per wafer. As a result, this enables Intel to provide more chipsets to their partners at a better price which in turn enables them to tighten their grip on AMD and try and consolidate on their already strong Core 2 platform position. Not only that but Intel intend on massive price cuts to their Dual Core processors with a clear push to Quad Core which will mean Dual Core will become mainstream, hence the massive price drops. Some sources have claimed that the upcoming 3GHz E6850 (like X6800 but with 1333 FSB) will cost just $266 USD which is a 75% price drop for a slightly faster CPU.
We'll leave you with some pictures of ABIT's upcoming and working P35 motherboard called abit IP35. Keep in mind this is a very early revision and the cooling will may well change to a fancier heat pipe solution - take note of the single PCI Express x16 slot.
Clearly Intel are looking like they'll end up posting great revenue figures for 2007 and 2008 is shaping up to me yet another good year for Intel as they attempt to push the sword deeper into AMD's chest.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel