We hope so very badly this doesn't become a trend from AMD and ATI. We have seen this kind of stuff happen before - something new comes out and they stop thinking about the old stuff. The problem is that Windows XP is such a large part for computer users that we really hope that AMD and ATI don't decide to stop thinking about the millions of XP users out there who feel that Vista isn't for them or simply just can't afford it.
If you're using Vista there is no doubt you want to make the move to the latest driver. The other thing is the loading times for the Control Center now are fantastic in not just Vista but also XP which sees the inclusion of the new control panel in this driver. It's worth the upgrade along if you're a frequent visitor to the Control Center as well.
Overall it's a bit of a disappointing release for XP users; even though performance improvements were claimed for Vista we kind of hoped we would see some kind of increase for our beloved XP operating system.
Until the next driver release, happy benchmarking!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications