The latest drivers are pretty uneventful which was to be expected - we normally see that the first driver of the New Year doesn't do whole lot in the performance arena.
While the release noted mentioned that a increase would be seen it was for a game that we don't have, if you are a player of Dark Messiah: Might and Magic and are experiencing some low frame rates on your Radeon X1K series graphics card, we would recommend the upgrade. If you're a Crossfire user, you should also pay attention to the new features.
If you cannot be bothered uninstalling the current drivers to get the new version up and running, you shouldn't be too fussed, as mentioned there isn't a whole lot new Catalyst 7.1. If you're about to reinstall or format your system, we would recommend you place the latest drivers on as they always bring bug fixes but we wouldn't go too far out of the way this month.
Hopefully everyone had a good new year and till next month's Catalyst driver is released, happy benchmarking and gaming!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Unity valued at $2.8 billion
- Top Memorial Day laptop deals with 7th Gen Kaby Lake
- New Dragon Age game could be big-budget, not RTS spinoff
- LeEco's crash in the US leaves hundreds unemployed
- Tekken 7 PC requirements revealed
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017