Running a little late again we have with us what should be the final Catalyst driver for the year. It's been an interesting year - who would have thought that come the end of 2006 that ATI would be well and truly sitting at number two in the graphics card arena.
Hopefully next year as the merger of ATI and AMD gets into full swing we begin to see a more interesting line up - we really do have high hopes for the R600. Crossfire is clearly moving in the right direction with the internal bridge setup seen present on the Radeon X1950PRO.
ATI mention no performance improvements this month - disappointed? Yes! Last year at this point in time we saw the Catalyst begin to make use of Dual Core processors and huge improvements across the board, unfortunately there isn't anything that major out. While we do have Quad Cores, it's safe to say that it's still going to be a while till they become mainstream with it taking almost 12 months for the Dual Core to become mainstream.
There are a huge amount of bug fixes and what not, so the upgrade should be worth it so we would recommend you have a look at the latest release notes while we see if ATI threw us a little extra performance somewhere.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Amazon developing sports game, sandbox MMO, survival MMO
- Microsoft had hoped for 200 million Xbox One sales
- Man walks into Apple Store, destroys Macs, iPhones
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now