Assuming that you have the necessary equipment to make use of this new CrossFire technique, installation is very simple. Install both boards, power them up, then start up your system. Windows will automatically pick up the second video board since it is using the same driver set that is already in use, but make sure to do a system reboot after the second video board is loaded. Since the second card isn't picked up until the Catalyst drivers are already running, it requires this reboot to allow it to make use of this second board in a CrossFire setup.
After the reboot you should see a new menu choice within the Catalyst Control Panel labeled "CrossFire". Simply put a check mark in the "Enable CrossFire" box in the window on the right and Windows will work with the driver set to start your graphics in a CrossFire mode. Another reboot is not required at this point since the system will already be properly configured to make use of the second video board.
For clarification, your monitor will need to be plugged into the primary video board, which is the one in PCI-E slot #1 on your system. In simpler terms, plug the monitor into the board that would be used in a single board setup.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Oppo launches F3 Plus with dual front cameras
- Manli's upcoming GTX 1080 Ti features blower fan design
- Hey MSI, where's your GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning?
- EVGA unveils GTX 1080 Ti SC, SC2, and FTW3 variants
- Overwatch map editor, highlight savings are coming soon
- Corsair ONE Pro SFF Gaming PC Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Download "ScanPST.exe tool
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- H170-PLUS D3 and i7 7700K, both new computer says nothing.
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse
- ASUS announces USB-AC53 Nano Wi-Fi adapter