Assuming that you have the necessary equipment to make use of this new CrossFire technique, installation is very simple. Install both boards, power them up, then start up your system. Windows will automatically pick up the second video board since it is using the same driver set that is already in use, but make sure to do a system reboot after the second video board is loaded. Since the second card isn't picked up until the Catalyst drivers are already running, it requires this reboot to allow it to make use of this second board in a CrossFire setup.
After the reboot you should see a new menu choice within the Catalyst Control Panel labeled "CrossFire". Simply put a check mark in the "Enable CrossFire" box in the window on the right and Windows will work with the driver set to start your graphics in a CrossFire mode. Another reboot is not required at this point since the system will already be properly configured to make use of the second video board.
For clarification, your monitor will need to be plugged into the primary video board, which is the one in PCI-E slot #1 on your system. In simpler terms, plug the monitor into the board that would be used in a single board setup.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS, GIGABYTE, MSI products rise in price across China
- Samsung has most of Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 835 chips
- LG's new speakers have Google Home, Multiroom support
- Resident Evil 7 is a solid return, very positive reviews
- LG's new G6 smartphone looks freakin' beautiful
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017
- Team Group Gaming Series, T-FORCE XTREEM took the world record for overall highest frequency DDR5260.8MHz